Health tourism in Split is as old as Split itself. More than 17 hundred years. Emperor Diocletian, the only retired Roman Emperor (all others were killed or died in the battle), decided to spend his old age in Split, near his birth town Salona (now Solin).
He was very old (old by Roman standards, 60 years old) and suffered from rheumatism and other illness. Therefore, he chooses Split as his pre-retirement destination because of specific geolocation: nearly 2,500 hours of sunshine a year, mild climate, many greens from the mountains in the back, and a natural spa made of sulfur springs in the sea of the Split harbour.
Things are pretty obvious; even 17 hundred years ago, Split set roots of becoming a leader in health tourism on the Adriatic.
In 2014, the Croatian Ministry of Tourism declared Dioklecijan Hotel & Residence the first health hotel in Croatia. We are more than proud that we took that title in honour of our namesake, founder of Split.
Our Hotel is situated in a building named Splitska kuća zdravlja ( Split Health Center). This polyvalent tourist-health complex is located on a minor hill in the middle of the city overlooking the sea and mountains.
We are situated in the centre at an equal distance from the beach on the south side of the Split peninsula or Diocletian’s Palace in the west. The Hotel’s rooftop offers a beautiful view of the Riva and Marjan from one and the Split archipelago from the other side.
Splitska kuća zdravlja promotes a new concept of quality accommodation and health, bringing together multiple medical activities in one place. From
- Poema Senior Residence,
- Hydrotherapy with physical therapy,
- Polyclinic for children Pediatri provides specialist and subspecialist pediatric health care for children from birth to the age of eighteen.
- Polyclinic Bagatin – leading policlinic for cosmetic surgery, dentistry, dermatology & cosmetology.
- Policylinic Hormona – Women’s health centre offers women professional and patient-focused medical care at each stage of life.
- Polyclinic Glavić started with robotic neurorehabilitation of all patients with motor impairments caused by numerous neurological diseases.
- Cardio Center Split provides specialist services for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases and expert opinions in the narrower fields of cardiology.
- ENT and H&N surgery private practice offers a large number of procedures and tests
- Akromion Special Hospital for orthopaedics and traumatology of the locomotor system, physical therapy and rehabilitation is the largest private orthopaedic hospital in the Republic of Croatia.
With top-quality services and the best possible medical teams, we are working together on further development.
In this uncertain time of the pandemic, Croatia is the winner of the special ITB (leading tourism fair in Berlin) Medical Tourism Destination Award, awarded for the first time by the ITB with the support of the HTI Conference (Health Tourism Industry).
Diocletian Hotel & Residence as a leader of Croatian Health Tourism welcomes you at any time in Croatia!